Students at the M.J.C. East Campus

Get Started at MJC

Step 1: Apply Online
Step 2: Set up your MJC Email 
Step 3: College Orientation 
Step 4: Assessment Testing 
Step 5: Education Plan
Step 6: Official Transcripts
Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid
Step 8: Register for Classes
Step 9: Pay Fees

Need help?

Contact the friendly Admissions Office staff if you have questions about adding or dropping classes, or filing for pass/no pass.

The Assessment Testing Office administers tests to help you select appropriate courses or satisfy pre-requisites.

International students should start by visiting our Information for International Students.

Modesto Junior College

Transferring to a Private or Out of State University

Private California Colleges & Universities (AICCU)

In addition to the public universities, California is home to a higher education segment that is not funded by the government, rather by tuition paid by students and private donations. These are the independent colleges and universities of California, many of whom belong to the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU). Independent schools vary widely in size and mission. There are more than 77 WASC accredited degree granting, non-profit independent colleges and universities serving over 289,000 students in California.

You can use the following links to find out more about the independent segment of California higher education and how to prepare for transfer to one of these institutions.

AICCU Home Page 

College Choice created a free guide for assistance with the Common App Essay.  Visit


Transferring to Out of State University

Students from Modesto Junior College transfer to universities and colleges all over the country and beyond. Because there is little or no formal articulation with institutions outside of California, preparing to transfer will require additional effort to gather the necessary information. Modesto Junior College counselors are able to assist you with that effort. The Career Development and Transfer Center has a library of out-of-state college catalogs for students to check out and take to a counseling appointment. The following links provide you with a guide to help you understand what kind of information you need and where to find it.

Western States Tuition Agreement

Transfer Center

Contact Us

Phone: (209) 575-6239
Fax: (209) 575-6408

CD&TC Staff

Leticia Cavazos - Counselor

June Hunt - Program Specialist


Connect with us on social media!

FB    IG

twi    yt