Guilded Cage by Andrea Ovalle
1st place winner for 3-Dimension Contest in the 46th Annual CoTH Competition
A $10.00 Entry Fee is required of all participants. Payment of the fee allows students to submit multiple entries to multiple contests, subject to the limitations of the individual contests. Students entering multiple contests need only pay the fee once. This fee is due by Tuesday, March 12, 20224 at 5:00pm.
Visit our ticket website to pay your entry fee under the event labeled "Celebration of the Humanities 2023-2024 Entry." If you have any questions, please call the School of Arts office at 209-575-6081.
You must pay the $10 Entry Fee if you wish to enter the Celebration of the Humanities Contest.
To enter, please fill out the Entry Form.
- Drawing All media
- 3-Dimensional Sculpture, ceramics
- Painting Oil, watercolor, acrylic
- Graphics Design, graphic design, computer graphics
- Mixed Media Works incorporating a combination of media that do not conform to the requirements of the traditional Art or Photography categories. Jurors may place works in, or remove works from, this category.
- Comics: In any form, including webcomics, digital, 2D, single-page, single-issue floppies,
*Submissions may constitute a complete work or be part of a larger narrative or work-in-progress. If part of a larger work, summarize in a paragraph or two your vision for the rest of the piece. In either case, any submissions must stand alone as a coherent work. Works will be judged by at least one faculty member from the English Department and at least one faculty member from Computer Graphics or the Art Department. Any degree of plagiarism will disqualify an entry. Works that rely closely on a previous work — for example, parodies, adaptations, or sequels — must be identified as such. For more information please reach out to Dr. Theresa Rojas at 209-548-5857 or email@example.com
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS
If you are submitting more than one entry, you will need to fill out an entry form for each contest you wish to enter.
There is a limit of three (3) items per artist in a single contest.
- March 12, 2024: Submissions via form are due by 5:00pm
- March 18, 2024: List of accepted entries will be sent to student's emails
- March 27 & 28, 2024: Artwork drop-off dates for accepted entries at the MJC Art Gallery on East Campus, 10:00am-4:00pm
- April 1 - April 18, 2024: Accepted works will be exhibited in the MJC Art Gallery on East Campus
- April 4, 2024: Reception and Awards at 5:30pm-7:30pm
- April 22-25, 2024: Artwork pick-up for accepted entries at the MJC Art Gallery, 10:00am-4:00pm
Visit the Celebration of the Humanities Home Page to see Contest Rules