Students in Communication Studies may earn an Associate in Arts Degree in this major
and/or a Communication Studies Certificate.
To earn the Communication Studies Certificate (click here), the student must complete the following coursework. Each course must be completed with a grade of C or better.
REQUIRED COURSES - Complete 12 units
ORAL COMMUNICATION AREA - Complete 3 units
- COMM 100 Public Speaking (3)
- COMM 102 Introduction to Human Communication (3)
- COMM 110 Persuasion (3)
CRITICAL THINKING AREA- Complete 3 units
- COMM 104 Argumentation (3)
- COMM 107 Introduction to Debate (3)
GROUP AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION AREA- Complete 3 units
- COMM 106 Organizational Communication (3)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AREA- Complete 3 units
- COMM 103 Interpersonal Communication (3)
- COMM 130 Intercultural Communication (3)
Total Units for the Communication Studies Certificate (12)
While enrolled in your fourth required course for the Communication Studies Certificate, please complete this form and submit to the department and college for review. If you have questions reach out to Professor Todd Guy ( firstname.lastname@example.org).