Online Faculty Resources
Canvas is very "Googleable." If you don't see what you need here, search for it online and you will likely find what you're looking for.
- Logging into Canvas for the first time
- Log Into Canvas
- Using the Canvas gradebook (10 Minute Video)
- Adding handouts to your Canvas course
- Self-paced "How To Use Canvas" course
- Request a Sandbox Shell. Anyone needing a "sandbox" Canvas shell for experimentation purposes should use the link below. Sandbox shells are never populated with students, but the content can be easily copied to a "real" production shell. This form is for MJC faculty only. Request a Development Shell
- Combining Canvas Sections
- Copying a Canvas Course
- Printing & Exporting Canvas Grades
- Canvas Instructor Guides
- Canvas "Course Introduction" & Open Discussions modules for MJC (most courses should have these pre-installed)
- Canvas Shortcuts (a quick "how-to" list)
- Create Canvas Quizzes Using Question Banks
- Create an Assignments and Due Dates table in Canvas
- MJC Canvas How-To YouTube Channel
- Canvas Studio Video Guides
Canvas Integrations & Online Teaching Tools
- Turnitin in Canvas
- Video Guide: Use Turnitin in Canvas
- VoiceThread in Canvas
- Adding Twitter With Pictures to Canvas
- Using "Films on Demand," "Docuseek2," and "Kanopy" in Canvas
- Take a screenshot with MS Word
- Use Google Docs in Canvas
- Video record my lectures and stream them in Canvas
- MediaShare Decommission Workflow
ConferZoom (Zoom) is paid for by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, which means it’s free for faculty and staff. Students can click on a link to join your meeting (they do not need to register).
- ConferZoom Video Conferencing in Canvas
- MJC ConferZoom YouTube Playlist
- Transferring Zoom Recordings Workflow
- Note: Zoom recordings prior to August 15, 2020 will expire on June 30, 2021.
How to Open a ConferZoom Account
- Go to http://conferzoom.org/ and click on the “Sign Up” button
- Fill out the form. Under “organization,” type in Modesto Junior College
- Under email, use your @yosemite.edu account
- Check your email for your receipt. (You may need to check spam and clutter)
- Due to high volume of requests, final approval with email receipts may not appear for 72 hours.
- Your ConferZoom account is ready to use!
Support & Training
- Cool Tools for Canvas. Access workshop recordings by semester.
- Instructional Design.
- The @One Certification Course will teach you course design skills, show you how to improve your student success and retention rates, and give you tips and tricks for making the most of our learning management system and new media.
- The Vision Resource Center offers online trainings on a variety of topics.
- Log in with your YCCD email address
- Select "Browse Training"
- Browse all trainings or search by topic.
- New Captioning Options 2021
- Website Accessibility Checklist
- Alternate Media Resources at MJC
- Self-paced "Creating Accessible Course Content" course
- Self-paced "Microsoft Word Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "PowerPoint Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "PDF Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "Video Captioning" micro-course
Regular Effective Contact
- New Guidelines on Captioning Requests through 3C Media
- (New Captioning Options 2021 includes a list of captioning options for MJC Faculty.)
- MJC Online Education Plan
- MJC Accreditation Confirmation Letter
- MJC Distance Education Committee
- CVC-OEI Course Design Rubric Crosswalk
Open Education Resources (OER)
Adobe Creative Cloud is available for all faculty and staff.
- Access free online Adobe trainings from the California Community Colleges Vision Resource Center.
College Buys is sponsored by the Foundation for California Community Colleges and offers steeply discounted software for students and faculty.