We are excited to welcome international students with F-1 visas to Modesto Junior College!
Steps to become an international student at MJC:
1. Complete online application to get a student ID number at www.mjc.edu/apply
2. Submit International Student Application and all supporting documents to MJC_InternationalStudents@yosemite.edu
- Fall semester-July 20 for new students, August 10 for transfer students
- Spring semester-November 15 for new students, December 19 for transfer students
Supporting documents required:
- New Student Information Form & Certification of Finances
- Official records of study
- English proficiency - TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic
- Bank statement from sponsor
- Autobiographical Essay
- Copy of passport
Transfer students only:
- Copy of current I-20
- Current unofficial transcripts
More information about each document can be found on page 1 of the application above.
3. Once your application has been processed, new students will receive an I-20 with instructions on how to apply for an F-1 visa. Transfer students will receive an admission letter with instructions on transferring your SEVIS record to MJC so that MJC can issue you a new I-20. New student I-20s will be issued within 4 weeks of a complete application received.