CLEP for Veterans
What is CLEP?
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers military personnel the opportunity to earn college credit for what you already know by taking any of the 33 introductory-level college subject exams. Because the exams are funded by the United States government through the Defense Activity for Non Traditional Education Support (DANTES), you could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars towards your degree.
DANTES funds exams for the following groups:
- Military personnel (active duty, reserve, National Guard): Army, Navy, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army, and Air National Guard.
- Spouses and civilian employees of: Air Force* (civilian employees only), Air Force Reserve, Army Reserve, Coast Guard (active and reserve). Please note: Spouses and civilian employees of Air National Guard can no longer receive DANTES funding effective October 15, 2014.
- For more information on CLEP testing through College Board go to https://clep.collegeboard.org/earn-college-credit/military-benefits
CLEP for Multiple Measures at MJC
CLEP is now accepted as a form of Multiple Measures for Veterans at MJC. Students can utilize Multiple Measures in two ways:
- Adjust (or increase) your current placement/assessment score to a college-level course
- Be eligible for a college-level course without having to take our assessment.
To use CLEP for the Math Multiple Measure download the application by clicking Multiple Measure Math Form
To use CLEP for the English Multiple Measure download the application by clicking Multiple Measure English Form
You must attach the required documentation in order for your placement to be adjusted. Documentation includes: official high school transcripts or CSU placement test exemption criteria. Students meeting both of these conditions can enroll directly into college-level courses, English 101 or Math 101 or other entry-level mathematics courses.
Participating in Multiple Measures will count as completing the Assessment CORE matriculation step. Students will be notified of the results through their MJC Student Email or through Pirates Net. Make sure your form is submitted prior to the college established deadline (see below) in order to receive priority registration.
- Spring 2020 Deadline: October 14, 2019
CLEP for Course Credit at MJC
At this time Modesto Junior College is in the process of approving criteria that would allow the college to accept CLEP for course completion.