Guardian Scholars: Welcome Event! Click Here for More Information and RSVP
Resources for Foster Youth
- Chafee Grant
- Foster Youth Checklist & Tips
- Guardian Scholars
- Health & Wellness
- Housing and Homelessness Resources at MJC
- Priority Registration
- Registration Help
- Fee Waivers, FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application Assistance
MJC Foster Youth Contacts
- Liz Camboia - Foster Youth Liaison (One-on-One Support, Referrals, Registration & Financial Aid Application Assistance)
- Barbara Bond - Enrollment Services (Priority Level 1)
- Cristal Gallegos - Counselor (Academic, Personal, Crisis & Career)
- Christina Avila - Financial Services (Chafee Grant Status & Verification)
- Ericka Amador - YESS ILP Workshops
1. Core Steps must be completed.
2. You will need to have been in foster care - between the ages of 13-18 at least one day, up until the age of 25.
Additional MJC Program Contacts
- Accommodations and Support Center (ASC)
- Dual Enrollment (High School Students)
- Foster & Kinship Care Education Program information
Chafee Grant Eligibility
The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.
What Happens After I Apply?
WebGrants 4 Students - Set up to manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee account(s), and Cal Dream Act
Application, FAFSA or CA Dream Act
Check your student email for important communications regarding required documents, or your award letter.
Visit our Getting Started at MJC homepage for step-by-step guides, tips, and resources that will assist you.
MJC Health and Wellness
Financial & Community Resources
Senate Bill Resources