Congratulations on embarking on your breastfeeding journey!
Modesto Junior College understands the importance and benefits of breast feeding for babies and mothers. We support breastfeeding by providing two clean, private & safe lactation rooms for mothers to nurse, or pump milk while on campus. Each room contains a comfortable chair, table, sink, and electrical outlets for use.
Lactation Room Locations:
- East Campus / Founders Hall – 2nd Floor – Center lobby/landing. East Campus Map
- West Campus / Mary Stuart Rogers – Corridor adjacent to meeting rooms, across from Convenience Store. West Campus Map
Please contact Health Services at 209-575-6038 to obtain door code to the Lactation Rooms during normal business hours. If you are unable to reach Health Services, please contact Campus Safety at 209-575-6351.
Guidelines for use:
- The lactation room is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Mothers using the space are responsible for providing their own breast pump, storage
containers and/or other equipment needed.
- Neither a pump nor refrigerator is provided.
- It is the responsibility of each mother using the lactation room to clean up after
- This serves not only to respect other users, but to prevent contamination and illness transmission.
- Custodial staff will clean the room nightly as part of the regular cleaning schedule.
- If the room needs attention:
- Please contact Health Services at 209-575-6038 during normal business hours.
- After hours and on weekends please contact Campus Safety at 209-575-6351.